Saturday 26 January 1907
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Belles of Killarney, directed by Arthur Melbourne Cooper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1907!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1907 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- Dimitrios Holevas: Greek priest and philologist (d. 2001).
- Eddie Ballantine: Chicago, Illinois -- Orchestra leader (Don McNeill TV Club).
- 1st federal corrupt election practices law passed
- The Short Magazine Lee-Enfield Mk III is officially introduced into British Military Service, and remains the second oldest military rifle still in official use.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1907 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- The Streets of New York - Billy Murray
- In the Evening by the Moonlight, Dear Louise - Frank Stanley
- He's a Cousin of Mine - Bob Roberts
- A Flower from Home, Sweet Home - Harry Macdonough & John Bieling
- An Evening at Mrs. Clancy's Boarding House - Steve Porter & Billy Murray
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1907?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 26 January 1907 and get them!