Sunday 6 January 1907, Epiphany
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David Fleay .
Belles of Killarney, directed by Arthur Melbourne Cooper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1907!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1907 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- David Fleay: Australian ornithologist and zoologist (d. 1993).
- Maria Montessori opens her first school and daycare center for working class children in Rome.
- The first Montessori school and daycare center for working class children opens in Rome.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1907 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- In the Evening by the Moonlight, Dear Louise - Harry Macdonough
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1907?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?