Friday 11 January 1907
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Abraham Joshua Heschel and Pierre Mendès France.
Belles of Killarney, directed by Arthur Melbourne Cooper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 1907!
Which were the important events of 11 January 1907 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
- Abraham Joshua Heschel: Warsaw-born American rabbi, theologian, and philosopher (d. 1972).
- Pierre Mendès France: French politician, an attorney by the time he was 21 and the youngest Deputy ever as a Radical Socialist.
- Pierre Mendes-France: French politician (Born 1907).
- Pierre France: French lawyer and politician 142nd Prime Minister of France (d. 1982).
- Abraham Heschel: Polish-American rabbi theologian and philosopher (d. 1972).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1907 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- In the Evening by the Moonlight, Dear Louise - Harry Macdonough
- Madama Butterfly: Tutti I Fior (Duet of the Flowers) - Geraldine Farrar & Louise Homer
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1907?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?