Tuesday 22 March 1966
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Yahya Ayyash and Sean Berry in Santa Monica.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to The Ballad Of The Green Berets by Barry Sadler.
In UK The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore by The Walker Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
Harper, directed by Jack Smight, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while The Double Image by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Avengers.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 March 1966!
Which were the important events of 22 March 1966 ?
- Blessed Genta of Maaseik
- The fourth day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- World Water Day.
- Easter Sunday - 1818, 2285. In the Gregorian Calendar 22 March is the earliest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (25th April is the latest).
- Saint Octavian
- Saint Lea of Rome
- Saint Reinhilde of Ghent
- Yahya Ayyash: militant.
- Sean Berry in Santa Monica: California, USA; infielder (Houston Astros).
- Brad Edwards: NFL safety (Atlanta Falcons).
- Brian Shaw NBA guard (Orlando Magic: San Francisco Warriors).
- Barry Minkow: American swindler who formed a totally bogus company, the ZZZZ Best Co.
- Brian Shaw: American basketball guard for Orlando Magic, formerly with the Celtics and Miami Heat.
- Pia Cayetano: Filipino lawyer and politician
- Todd Ewen: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan -- NHL right wing (Anaheim Mighty Ducks)
- Paul Midgley: English scientist and academic
- Artis Pabriks: Latvian academic and politician 11th Minister for Defence of Latvia
- António Pinto: Portuguese runner
- John Harlin: American pilot and mountaineer (d. 1966).
- In Washington, D.C., General Motors President James M. Roche appears before a Senate subcommittee, and apologizes to consumer advocate Ralph Nader for the company's intimidation and harassment campaign against him.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Barry Sadler - The Ballad Of The Green Berets
- The Rolling Stones - 19th Nervous Breakdown
- The Beatles - Nowhere Man
- Nancy Sinatra - These Boots Are Made For Walkin'
- Simon and Garfunkel - Homeward Bound
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Daydream
- The Mamas and The Papas - California Dreamin'
- The Righteous Brothers - (You're My) Soul And Inspiration
- Bob Lind - Elusive Butterfly
- Herman's Hermits - Listen People
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?