Wednesday 23 March 1966
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James Saxon and Marti Pellow rocker (Wet.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to The Ballad Of The Green Berets by Barry Sadler.
In UK The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore by The Walker Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
The Trouble with Angels, directed by Ida Lupino, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while The Double Image by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Avengers.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1966!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1966 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- James Saxon: NFL fullback (Philadelphia Eagles).
- Marti Pellow rocker (Wet: Wet, Wet-Wishing I Was).
- Mike Remlinger in Middletown: New York, USA; pitcher (Cincinnati Reds).
- Michael Anderson: American athlete, played pro basketball for the San Antonio Spurs, one season, 1988-89.
- Lorenzo Daniel: American sprinter.
- Beverly Hills: English actress
- Marin Hinkle: American actress
- Vasilis Vouzas: Greek footballer and manager
- Johannes W Elsensohn: Dutch actor/writer (Arie), dies at age 82.
- 1st official meeting after 400 years of Catholic and Anglican Church
- Pope Paul VI and Arthur Michael Ramsey, the Archbishop of Canterbury, meet in Rome.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 March 1966
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Barry Sadler - The Ballad Of The Green Berets
- The Rolling Stones - 19th Nervous Breakdown
- The Beatles - Nowhere Man
- Nancy Sinatra - These Boots Are Made For Walkin'
- Simon and Garfunkel - Homeward Bound
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Daydream
- The Mamas and The Papas - California Dreamin'
- The Righteous Brothers - (You're My) Soul And Inspiration
- Bob Lind - Elusive Butterfly
- Herman's Hermits - Listen People
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?