Monday 14 March 1966
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Darcy Wakaluk in Pincher Creek and Elise Neal.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to The Ballad Of The Green Berets by Barry Sadler.
In UK The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore by The Walker Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
Harper, directed by Jack Smight, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while The Double Image by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching En famille.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1966.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 March 1966!
Which were the important events of 14 March 1966 ?
- Albania - Summer Day: Albanian holiday Summer is celebrated in this day in Elbasan and its surroundings.
- Pi Day - unofficial mathematics holiday.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honor of Mars were held.
- Saint Mathildis
- Saint Paulina
- Blessed Eve of Liege
- Japan - White Day: Japanese holiday similar to Valentine's Day (men give gifts to women).
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Barry Sadler - The Ballad Of The Green Berets
- The Rolling Stones - 19th Nervous Breakdown
- Nancy Sinatra - These Boots Are Made For Walkin'
- The Beatles - Nowhere Man
- Bob Lind - Elusive Butterfly
- Herman's Hermits - Listen People
- The Mamas and The Papas - California Dreamin'
- Simon and Garfunkel - Homeward Bound
- Bobby Fuller Four - I Fought The Law
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Daydream
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?