Tuesday 29 March 1966
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Eric Gunderson in Portland and Robb Thomas NFL receiver (Seattle Seahawks.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to The Ballad Of The Green Berets by Barry Sadler.
In UK The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore by The Walker Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
Fantômas, directed by Andr Hunebelle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while The Double Image by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Intercontinental Express.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 March 1966!
Which were the important events of 29 March 1966 ?
- St. Bertold (d.1179)
- Blessed Hugo (d.1239)
- St. Ludolf of Ratzeburg (d.1250)
- St. Eustace
- Memorial day and commemoration of the 1947 revolt against French colonisation in Madagascar
- Youth Day in Taiwan
- Festival of Ishtar.
- St. Jonas (d. 327)
- Eric Gunderson in Portland: Oregon, USA; pitcher (Boston Red Sox).
- Robb Thomas NFL receiver (Seattle Seahawks: Tampa Bay Buccaneers).
- Dwayne Harper: American athlete, Detroit Lions cornerback.
- Eric Gunderson: American baseball player.
- Sigrid Kirchmann: Austrian high jumper.
- Harry Daugherty: trombonist (Spike Jones and City Slickers), dies at age 50.
- The 23rd Communist Party Conference is held in the Soviet Union Leonid Brezhnev demands that U.S. troops leave Vietnam, and announces that Chinese-Soviet relations are not satisfying.
- The Labour Party under Harold Wilson wins the British General Election, gaining a 96-seat majority which is a great improvement upon the five-seat majority gained at the election 17 months ago.
- The Soviet Union launches ''Luna 10'', which later becomes the first space probe to enter orbit around the Moon.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 March 1966
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Barry Sadler - The Ballad Of The Green Berets
- The Rolling Stones - 19th Nervous Breakdown
- The Righteous Brothers - (You're My) Soul And Inspiration
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Daydream
- Simon and Garfunkel - Homeward Bound
- The Beatles - Nowhere Man
- The Mamas and The Papas - California Dreamin'
- Nancy Sinatra - These Boots Are Made For Walkin'
- Cher - Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Sure Gonna Miss Her
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?