Monday 7 March 1966
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jeff Feagles and Terry Carkner in Smiths Falls.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to The Ballad Of The Green Berets by Barry Sadler.
In UK The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore by The Walker Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
Harper, directed by Jack Smight, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Those Who Love by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 March 1966!
Which were the important events of 7 March 1966 ?
- Albania ? Teacher's Day
- Catholicism ? Feast day of Saints Perpetua and Felicitas, patron saint of married women
- Jeff Feagles: NFL punter (Arizona Cardinals).
- Terry Carkner in Smiths Falls: Ontario, Canada; NHL defenseman (Florida Panthers).
- Joy Tanner: American actress.
- Terry Carkner: Canadian ice hockey player and coach.
- Atsushi Sakurai: Japanese singer-songwriter (Buck-Tick and Schwein).
- Alex Sanders: American porn actor and director
- Wait A Minim! opens at John Golden Theater NYC for 457 performances
- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
- Charles De Gaulle asks U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson for negotiations about the state of NATO equipment in France.
- Anti-communist demonstrations occur at the Indonesian Foreign Ministry.
- Vietnam War: U.S. announces it will substantially increase the number of its troops in Vietnam.
- An Irish Republican Army bomb destroys Nelson's Pillar in Dublin.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 7 March 1966
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Barry Sadler - The Ballad Of The Green Berets
- Nancy Sinatra - These Boots Are Made For Walkin'
- Herman's Hermits - Listen People
- The Mamas and The Papas - California Dreamin'
- Bob Lind - Elusive Butterfly
- The Rolling Stones - 19th Nervous Breakdown
- The Beatles - Nowhere Man
- Lou Christie - Lightnin' Strikes
- Bobby Fuller Four - I Fought The Law
- Simon and Garfunkel - Homeward Bound
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?