Wednesday 17 October 1934
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Trail Beyond, directed by Robert Bradbury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1934.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1934!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1934 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Barend P Tammeling: Dutch journalist (Trouw, Groninger Gezinsbode).
- Christian Bruhn: German composer, arranger and writer of lyrics.
- Alan Garner: English author and playwright.
- Johnny Haynes: English-Scottish footballer (d. 2005).
- Rico Rodriguez: American trombonist (The Specials and Jools Holland's Rhythm and Blues Orchestra).
- Santiago Ramon y Cajal: Spanish histologist and neuroscientist, recipient of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine (Born 1852).
- The Aldrich Family premieres on radio
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?