Sunday 20 May 1973
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eleonora Benfatto and Elsa Lunghini.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to You Are The Sunshine Of My Life by Stevie Wonder.
In UK See My Baby Jive by Wizzard was in the top 5 hits.
Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid, directed by Sam Peckinpah, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Once Is Not Enough by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Catch Kandy.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lunar Lander or Gotcha.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 May 1973!
Which were the important events of 20 May 1973 ?
- Saint Austregisilus
- Saint Lucifer
- Saint Theodore of Pavia
- Saint Bernardine of Siena
- East Timor National Day.
- Cameroon National Day.
- Saint Ivo of Chartres
- Eleonora Benfatto: Italian Beauty Queen, Miss Italy of 1989.
- Elsa Lunghini: French singer-actress of Italian descent, born to Georges Lunghini, composer, and to Christiane, painter, Marlène Jobert's sister.
- Samuele Papi: Italian volleyball player, a Bronze Medal winner with the Italian Men's team at the Atlanta Olympics, 8/04/1996.
- Jarno Saarinen: Finnish motorcycle racer (Born 1945).
- 2 Gentlemen of Verona closes at St. James Theater NYC after 613 performances
- 25th Emmy Awards: Waltons, All in the Family and Mary Tyler Moore
- Donna Caponi Young wins LPGA Bluegrass Golf Invitational.
- In Los Angeles, California, the 25th Annual Emmy Awards are presented, hosted by Johnny Carson.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Stevie Wonder - You Are The Sunshine Of My Life
- Dawn - Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree
- The Sweet - Little Willy
- Edgar Winter - Frankenstein
- Elton John - Daniel
- Paul McCartney - My Love
- Dobie Gray - Drift Away
- Stealers Wheel - Stuck In The Middle With You
- Sylvia - Pillow Talk
- Skylark - Wildflower
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?