Monday 18 December 1916
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Joan the Woman, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 December 1916!
Which were the important events of 18 December 1916 ?
- Roman festivals - Feast of Epona (during Saturnalia)
- R.C. Saints - Gatianus of Tours
- Also see December 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Niger - Republic Day (autonomous in 1958)
- Greek Orthodox Church ? Feast of Sebastian the Martyr
- Betty Grable: American singer, dancer and actress, the most famous "pin-up girl" of WW II.
- Francisco Armendariz: American astrologer.
- Douglas Fraser: Scottish-American union leader and academic (d. 2008).
- World War I: The Battle of Verdun ends when German forces under Chief of Staff Erich Von Falkenhayn are defeated by the French and British, and suffer 337,000 casualties.
- resident Woodrow Wilson marries Mrs Edith B Galt in Washington
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1916 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- In Florida Among the Palms - Sterling Trio
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1916?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 18 December 1916 and get them!