Tuesday 19 December 1916
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Joan the Woman, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1916.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 December 1916!
Which were the important events of 19 December 1916 ?
- 2003 - the events of the fictional docu-drama The Day Britain Stopped take place.
- Roman festivals - Opalia
- Also see December 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roy Ward Baker: English film director (d. 2010).
- Hal Hastings New York City: New York, orchestra leader (Chevrolet on Broadway).
- Adriaan van: der Veen Dutch writer (Sister at Sea).
- Roy Baker: English director and producer (d. 2010).
- Elisabeth Noelle-Neumann: German political scientist journalist and academic (d. 2010).
- Thibaw Min: King of Burma (Born 1859).
- Suriname Bauxite Company forms in Paramaribo.
- World War I: Battle of Verdun : On the Western Front, the French Army successfully holds off the German Army and drives it back to its starting position.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1916 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- In Florida Among the Palms - Sterling Trio
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?