Saturday 30 December 1916
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Az ezredes, directed by Mihály Kertész, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1916.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 December 1916!
Which were the important events of 30 December 1916 ?
- The sixth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Pope Felix I (optional memorial)
- Philippines - Rizal Day
- Andrew Stark: Scottish diplomat, he held many posts representing the British Government including Under-Secretary-General at the United Nations from 1968-1971 and Ambassador to Denmark from 1971-1976.
- The last coronation in Hungary is performed for King Charles IV and Queen Zita.
- Humberto Gómez and his mercenaries seize Arauca in Colombia and declare the ''Republic of Arauca''. He proceeds to pillage the region before fleeing to Venezuela.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1916 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- 1812 Overture, Part 1 - Regimental Band of H.M. Grenadier Guards
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?