Saturday 18 December 1920
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Fantomas, directed by Edward Sedgwick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 December 1920!
Which were the important events of 18 December 1920 ?
- Roman festivals - Feast of Epona (during Saturnalia)
- R.C. Saints - Gatianus of Tours
- Also see December 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Niger - Republic Day (autonomous in 1958)
- Greek Orthodox Church ? Feast of Sebastian the Martyr
- Rita Streich: German singer.
- Willis Conover: broadcaster.
- Eddy Marnay: French songwriter who wrote more than 4000 songs, including works for Édith Piaf and Céline Dion.
- Robert Leckie: American soldier and author (d. 2001).
- 1st US postage stamps printed without the words United States or US
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Whispering - Art Hickman & His Orchestra
- The Argentines, the Portugese, and the Greeks - Nora Bayes
- You're the Only Girl That Made Me Cry - Henry Burr
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1920?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 18 December 1920 and get them!