Tuesday 28 December 1920
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Queen of the Turf, directed by John K. Wells, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1920.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1920!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1920 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- André Verchuren: French popular accordionist; his hit "Les fiancés d'Auvergne" sold 10 millions copies.
- Bruce McCarty: American architect designed the Knoxville City-County Building (d. 2013).
- Steve Van Buren: Honduran-American football player (d. 2012).
- Steve Van: Buren NFL halfback (Philadelphia Eagles).
- James Counsilman: Birmingham sports Champions.
- Doc Counsilman: American Olympic and hall-of-fame swimming coach from the United States. He is perhaps best known for being the head swimming coach Indiana University (IU) from 1957 to 1990.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?