Thursday 18 May 2006
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to SOS by Rihanna.
In UK Crazy by Gnarls Barkley was in the top 5 hits.
The Da Vinci Code, directed by Ron Howard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 May 2006!
Which were the important events of 18 May 2006 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 18 May
- Andrew Martinez: U.
- The post Loktantra Andolan government passes a landmark bill curtailing the power of the monarchy and making Nepal a secular country.
- Nepali legislators vote unanimously to strip the king (Currently Gyanendra) of his powers, effectively turning the Hindu kingdom into a secular constitutional monarchy. (CBC)
- Prime Minister Laisenia Qarase of Fiji swears in for a second term after winning the 2006 general election. (BBC)
- White House Press Secretary Tony Snow is unwilling to either confirm or deny U.S. financial and logistical support for the Alliance for the Restoration of Peace and Counter-Terrorism in Somalia. Previously, such accusations were denied. The current Prime Minister of Somalia, Ali Mohamed Gedi, criticized U.S. support for ampquotcriminals.ampquot (Philadelphia Inquirer)
- The European Parliament committee examining the claims of para-legal deportations of individuals for torture-based questioning, known as ampquotextraordinary renditionsampquot, reports that it has CIA confirmation that between 30 and 50 individuals underwent such deportations to seven ampquotblack sitesampquot in Asia, Europe and Africa. Those in Europe have reportedly been closed down following the public outcry, but there is still one such site operating in a North African country. (Reuters)
- New Italian prime minister Romano Prodi pledges to withdraw Italian troops from Iraq and calls the Iraq war a ampquotgrave mistake that has not solved but increased the problem of securityampquot. (Al Jazeera)
- Typhoon Chanchu, the strongest storm on record to have entered the South China Sea in May, makes landfall between the cities of Shantou, Guangdong and Xiamen, Fujian in China. (Reuters)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?