Saturday 20 May 2006
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to SOS by Rihanna.
In UK Crazy by Gnarls Barkley was in the top 5 hits.
X-Men: The Last Stand, directed by Brett Ratner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 May 2006!
Which were the important events of 20 May 2006 ?
- Saint Austregisilus
- Saint Lucifer
- Saint Theodore of Pavia
- Saint Bernardine of Siena
- East Timor National Day.
- Cameroon National Day.
- Saint Ivo of Chartres
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 20 May
- Ray Nagin is re-elected Mayor of New Orleans, Louisiana, USA. (BBC)
- The construction of the Three Gorges Dam wall, the largest dam in the world, is completed in the People's Republic of China. (Reuters)
- Campaigning in Montenegro's referendum on independence ends at midnight local time, with voting scheduled to begin the following morning. (EUObserver)
- 5,000 medical students, doctors, and lawyers rally in New Delhi, India against the boosting of quotas for lower-caste students in medical, engineering and other colleges from 22.5% to 49.5%. (ChannelnewsAsia.com) (Wikinews)
- The Iraqi National Assembly votes in a new government, leaving the ministries of Defense, National Security and Interior in temporary hands. (BBC)
- United States Congressman Duncan Hunter (R-CA) claims U.S. Marines in Haditha, Iraq, killed 24 civilians in an incident in 2005. Earlier Rep. John Murtha (D-PA) had said even innocent women and children were killed in cold blood. (Times of India)
- Booth Middle School of Georgia and Troy High School of California win the 22nd annual U.S. Science Olympiad for their respective divisions, held at Indiana University Bloomington.
- In the Crosstown Classic, a brawl breaks out between the Chicago White Sox and Chicago Cubs when Cubs catcher Michael Barrett punches White Sox catcher A.J. Pierzynski. Barrett drew a 10 game suspension.
- Munster win their first Heineken European Cup, defeating Biarritz Olympique in the final by 23 points to 19. Team captain Anthony Foley lifts the cup for the first time for the Irish province.
- Kentucky Derby winner, Barbaro breaks down during the Preakness Stakes. Eight months later he is euthinized.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?