Thursday 18 September 1952
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Snows of Kilimanjaro, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 1952!
Which were the important events of 18 September 1952 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- Dee Dee Ramone: American bassist (The Ramones) (d. 2002).
- Giorgos Dimitrakopoulos: Greek politician.
- Rick Pitino: American basketball player and coach of the Celtics and Knicks and several colleges, who led the University of Kentucky to an NCAA championship in 1986.
- Hippoliet Daeye: Flemish Painter (Dreamy).
- The Soviet Union vetoes Japan's application for membership in the United Nations.
- Negotiations for a ceasefire in Korea are postponed.
- A three-train crash at Harrow railway station in England kills 112 people.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1952 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?