Monday 18 August 1952
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Quiet Man, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 August 1952!
Which were the important events of 18 August 1952 ?
- RC saints - Saint Helena of Constantinople,Saint Alberto Hurtado
- Buhe in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church
- Patrick Swayze in Houston: Texas, USA; actor/dancer (Dirty Dancing, Ghost).
- Patrick Swayze: American stage, film and TV actor, dancer, choreographer and sex symbol, a top box-office figure with "Dirty Dancing," 1987, "Roadhouse," and "Ghost," 1990.
- Ricky Villa: Argentine former footballer.
- Simon Sutour: French politician, a member of the Senate of France, representing the Gard department.
- Elayne Boosler: American actress director and screenwriter.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1952 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 18 August 1952 and get them!