Monday 18 August 1952
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nicholas John and Patrick Swayze in Houston.
The Quiet Man, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 August 1952!
Which were the important events of 18 August 1952 ?
- RC saints - Saint Helena of Constantinople,Saint Alberto Hurtado
- Buhe in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church
- Nicholas John: Dramaturge.
- Patrick Swayze in Houston: Texas, USA; actor/dancer (Dirty Dancing, Ghost).
- Ricky Villa: Argentine former footballer.
- Patrick Swayze: American stage, film and TV actor, dancer, choreographer and sex symbol, a top box-office figure with "Dirty Dancing," 1987, "Roadhouse," and "Ghost," 1990.
- Simon Sutour: French politician, a member of the Senate of France, representing the Gard department.
- Elayne Boosler: American actress director and screenwriter
- Ricardo Villa: Argentinian footballer and coach
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1952 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?