Sunday 21 September 1952
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dominique Rey and John Taylor.
The Crimson Pirate, directed by Robert Siodmak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Four Star Playhouse.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1952!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1952 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Dominique Rey: French Catholic clergyman, the Bishop of Fréjus-Toulon since 2000.
- John Taylor: British Lord, a conservative member of the House of Lords from Warwick, the only member with African-American heritage serving as an important role model in the UK.
- Dave Gregory: English guitarist and keyboard player (XTC and Big Big Train).
- Anneliese Michel: German woman believed to be possessed by demons (d. 1976).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 21 September 1952
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?