Sunday 19 August 1945
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Love Letters, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1945.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1945!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1945 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Lan Gillan: Rocker.
- Ian Gillian: heavy metal rocker (Deep Purple - "Knocking at Backdoor").
- Sandro de America: Argentine singer & actor (d. 2010).
- Ian Gillan: British musician, singer and member of the band Deep Purple from 1969.
- Sandro : Known by his artist names Sandro/Sandro de América ("Sandro of America"), Gitano (gypsy), and the Argentine Elvis, was a notable Argentine singer and actor.
- Sandro de América: Argentinian singer and actor (d. 2010)
- Dennis Eichhorn: American author and illustrator (d. 2015)
- Charles Wellesley: Marquess of Douro, English heir of the 8th Duke of Wellington
- Tomas Burgos: Chilean philanthropist (Born 1875).
- Phillies Jimmie Foxx, 37, pitches 1st 7 innings vs. Reds andwins
- Vietnam War: Viet Minh led by Ho Chi Minh take power in Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Chinese Civil War: Mao Zedong and Chiang Kai-shek meet in Chongqing to discuss an end to hostilities between the Communists and the Nationalists.
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?