Saturday 19 September 1970
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Antii Tormenen and Dan Bylsma.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Ain't No Mountain High Enough by Diana Ross.
In UK Tears Of A Clown by Smokey Robinson & The Miracles was in the top 5 hits.
Tora! Tora! Tora!, directed by Richard Fleischer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Odd Couple.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 September 1970!
Which were the important events of 19 September 1970 ?
- Heine Westenfluss's birthday, from Gundam SEED DESTINY.
- Hermione Granger's birthday, from J.K. Rowling's series Harry Potter.
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Saint Kitts and Nevis - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1983)
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day (traditional - beginning in 2003, the holiday is held on the third Monday of September.)
- Chile - Armed Forces Day
- Church of England - Theodore of Tarsus
- Also see September 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Januarius
- In ancient Greece, the sixth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the procession to Eleusis began at the Kerameikos in Athens.
- Antii Tormenen: Espoo, Finland -- NHL forward (Finland Olympics - Bronze - 1998, Ottawa).
- Dan Bylsma: American ice hockey player and coach.
- Gilbert Dionne: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Antoine Hey: German footballer and manager.
- Takanori Nishikawa: Japanese singer producer and actor (Abingdon Boys School and Luis-Mary).
- Victor Williams: American actor
- Mary Tyler Moore show premieres
- Kostas Georgakis, a Greek student of Geology, sets himself ablaze in Matteotti Square in Genoa, Italy as a protest against the dictatorial regime of Georgios Papadopoulos.
- The first Glastonbury Festival is held at Michael Eavis's farm in Glastonbury, United Kingdom.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Ain't No Mountain High Enough
- Edwin Starr - War
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Lookin' Out My Back Door
- Clarence Carter - Patches
- Bobby Sherman - Julie, Do Ya Love Me
- Chicago - 25 Or 6 To 4
- Mungo Jerry - In The Summertime
- Carpenters - (They Long To Be) Close To You
- Dawn - Candida
- Bread - Make It With You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?