Sunday 20 January 1974
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Show And Tell by Al Wilson.
In UK You Won't Find Another Fool Like Me by The New Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
Don't Look Now, directed by Nicolas Roeg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while The Honorary Consul by Graham Greene was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 January 1974!
Which were the important events of 20 January 1974 ?
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Aquarius.
- Saint Fabian
- Epiphanius of Pavia
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Sebastian
- Presidential Inauguration Day in the United States.
- The Eve of St. Agnes.
- Calvin Harrison in Orlando: Florida, USA; 200m/400m runner.
- Rae Carruth: wide receiver (Carolina Panthers).
- David Dei: Italian footballer and coach.
- Florian Maurice: French footballer, who played as a striker, most notably winning the 1998 Coupe de France and Coupe de la Ligue with French team Paris Saint-Germain.
- Thomas Beatie: American public speaker, author, and advocate for transgender and sexuality issues with a focus on trans fertility and reproductive rights.
- Edmund Blunden: English author poet and critic (d. 1974).
- A college basketball game ends 210-67
- 4th NFL Pro Bowl: AFC beats NFC 15-13.
- 7th ABA All-Star Game: East 128 beats West 112 at Virginia.
- Essex Community College beats Englewood Cliffs 210-67 in basketball.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Barbra Streisand - The Way We Were
- Steve Miller Band - The Joker
- Love Unlimited Orchestra - Love's Theme
- Al Wilson - Show And Tell
- Ringo Starr - You're Sixteen
- Brownsville Station - Smokin' In The Boy's Room
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - I've Got To Use My Imagination
- Olivia Newton-John - Let Me Be There
- Stevie Wonder - Living For The City
- Jim Croce - Time In A Bottle
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 20 January 1974 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?