Monday 20 October 1924
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Hot Water, directed by Fred Newmeyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 October 1924!
Which were the important events of 20 October 1924 ?
- October 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day - the B�b
- French Republican Calendar - Orge (Barley) Day, twenty-ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Roger Rioland: France sport Champion.
- Marc Gorini: Lyon 2éme Journalist.
- Robert Peters: American poet playwright and critic (d. 2014).
- Kenneth William Gatland: Aerospace Scientist.
- Stanley Eric Francis Booth-Clibborn: Bishop (Manchester).
- Lawrence Daly: Scottish coal miner, trade unionist and political activist, at the age of 15, Lawrence Daly began work as a miner at Glencraig Colliery. He was soon active in the Scottish Mineworkers' Union (NUM). His initial involvement was in the labour movement's youth wing; amongst other activities he represented the British Trades Union Congress (TUC) on an international youth delegation to Moscow in 1945. He held a variety of offices in the Glencraig NUM Branch, probably the most important for an aspiring
- 1st Negro League World Series: Kansas City Monarchs shuts out Hilldales, 5-0
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1924 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Al Jolson - I Wonder What's Become of Sally?
- Rhapsody in Blue, Parts 1 & 2 - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra with George Gershwin
- Driftwood - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- The Little Old Clock on the Mantel - Russo & Fiorito's Oriole Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 20 October 1924 and get them!