Wednesday 21 August 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Foreign Correspondent, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 August 1940!
Which were the important events of 21 August 1940 ?
- Ninoy Aquino Day - special holiday in the Philippines.
- Orthodox - Thaddaeus
- RC saints - Pope Pius X
- Roman festivals - Consualia, in honor of Consus, is held
- Ana Isabel Anderson-Imbert: Physician, rheumatologist.
- Robert Camac: Horse trainer.
- Dominick Harrod: English journalist historian and author (d. 2013).
- Endre Szemerédi: Hungarian-American mathematician and computer scientist.
- Leon Trotsky dies of injuries sustained.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?