Saturday 21 December 1935
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Professional Soldier, directed by Tay Garnett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1935.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1935!
Which were the important events of 21 December 1935 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- Phil Donahue: American TV personality, a major talk-show host and pioneer of audience interaction in a flexible, captivating on-air performance.
- John Avildsen: American director producer and cinematographer.
- Lorenzo Bandini: Italian racing driver, (Born 1935).
- Yusuf Bey: Black Muslim leader (Born 1935).
- Edward Schreyer: Canadian academic and politician 22nd Governor General of Canada.
- Gerard Belivaud: France sport Champion
- Phil Donahue in Cleveland: Ohio, USA; talk show host (Phil Donahue Show).
- Kurt Tucholsky: German- Jewish journalist, satirical essayist, poet, and critic, best-known for his cabaret songs.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1935 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- The Music Goes Round and Round - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra
- With All My Heart - Hal Kemp & His Orchestra
- Stop, Look, and Listen - Joe Venuti & His Orchestra
- Eeny Meeny Miney Mo - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra (Vocal Helen Ward)
- Bing Crosby - Silent Night
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?