Friday 6 December 1935
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Sylvia Scarlett, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1935.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 6 December 1935 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 6 December 1935 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
See other famous people born on 06 December
Robert Crandall: American merchandise marketing financial accountant and CEO of AMR, the parent company of American Airlines.
Jean Lapointe: Canadian actor singer and politician.
Dharmendra : Movie Actor.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1935?
- Science: Science vol. 82 issue 2136
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Edwin C. Musick -- Dec. 2, 1935
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Lloyd Cassel Douglas (1877 – 1951) born Doya C. Douglas, was an American minister and author. He was born in Columbia City, Indiana, spent part of his boyhood in Monroeville, Indiana, Wilmot, Indiana and Florence, Kentucky, where his father, Alexander ...
A novel that takes place in the Valley of Virginia, tracing the experience of a family with four generations of strong women.
The second novel by the great American novelist now the subject of a major new film Genius starring Jude Law Colin Firth Dominic West and Nicole Kidman It is 1920 and Eugene Gant leaves the American South for Harvard New ...
STATED FIRST PRINTING. March 1971 Signet(NAL) mass market paperback, Rachel Field (And Now Tomorrow). After the death of her father, ten year old Kate Fernald and her mother head to the coast of Maine where mom has a job as ...
Tell the world why 6 December 1935 is such a special date for you!