Friday 13 December 1935
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Karim Aga Khan and Thomas Wakefield.
The Littlest Rebel, directed by David Butler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1935!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1935 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Karim Aga Khan: Prince / billionaire / husband of Rita Hayworth.
- Thomas Wakefield: Writer.
- Bonno Spieker: Dutch second Chamber member (PvdA).
- Ken Hall: American football player.
- Kenneth Ring: American psychologist, author of acclaimed works on the near-death experience, "Life at Death" 1980 and "Heading Toward Omega" 1984.
- Joe Christopher: Virgin Islander baseball player
- Kenneth Hall: American football player
- Lindy McDaniel: American baseball player
- Türkan Saylan: Turkish physician and academic (d. 2009)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1935 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Music Goes Round and Around - Riley-Farley Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?