Monday 23 December 1935
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Professional Soldier, directed by Tay Garnett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1935.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1935!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1935 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Abdul Minhat: Malaysian footballer and manager (d. 2012).
- Esther Phillips: American singer known for her R&B vocals, although she was a versatile singer, also performing pop, country, jazz, blues and soul music.
- Paul Hornung NFL football player (Green Bay Packers: the Golden Boy).
- Paul Hornung: American athlete, pro football player, he won the Heisman Trophy in 1956 as a quarterback for Notre Dame.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1935 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- The Music Goes Round and Round - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra
- With All My Heart - Hal Kemp & His Orchestra
- Stop, Look, and Listen - Joe Venuti & His Orchestra
- Eeny Meeny Miney Mo - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra (Vocal Helen Ward)
- Bing Crosby - Silent Night
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?