Friday 21 January 1944
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Phantom Lady, directed by Robert Siodmak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 January 1944!
Which were the important events of 21 January 1944 ?
- National Hugging Day
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agnes.
- Mauritius - Thaipoosam Cavadee.
- UN Arms Day
- Benny Gallagher: Scottish songwriting team member with Graham Lyle, beginning their professional career as a duo in 1964.
- Uto Ughi: Italian violinist whose remarkable talent was demonstrated from the time he was a child.
- John Kenneth Tavener: Composer.
- Chuck Stewart: American TV producer and director, 2nd child.
- Neely Bruce: Composer.
- 649 British bombers attack Magdeburg.
- US General Dwight Eisenhower accepts the revised plan for Operation Overlord, with five divisions landing on fifty miles of Normandy beaches. Americans are to land on the west, aiming for Cherbourg, Brest, and ports around the Loire estuary. British and Canadian forces are to land on the east near Caen, seizing Caen on the first day. D-Day is set for June 5.
- 447 German bombers attack London, England.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?