Friday 21 September 1951
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bob Franks and Henk Hofstede.
No Highway in the Sky, directed by Henry Koster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Gruen Guild Theater.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1951!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1951 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Bob Franks: (Rep-R-New Jersey).
- Henk Hofstede: Dutch singer / guitarist / keyboardist (Nits).
- Ivano Fossati: Italian pop singer-songwriter, guitarist, pianist, and percussionist.
- Bruce Arena: Brooklyn, New York -- Soccer coach (1996 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- DeWayne Jessie: American actor.
- Aslan Maskhadov: Chechen general and politician 3rd President of the Chechen Republic of Ichkeria (d. 2005)
- Emil Zatopek runs 15,000m in record 44 min, 54.6 sec
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?