Saturday 22 April 1939
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Union Pacific, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 April 1939!
Which were the important events of 22 April 1939 ?
- Saints Soter and Caius
- Saint Leonidas (died 202)
- Brazil - Discovery Day.
- Saint Theodorus (d. 613)
- Jason Miller in Scranton: Pennsylvania, USA; actor/writer (Exorcist, Light of Day).
- Mel Carter: American singer and actor.
- John Chilcot: English civil servant.
- John Foley: English general and politician Lieutenant Governor of Guernsey.
- Ray Guy: Canadian journalist and author (d. 2013).
- Jason Miller: American actor and playwright (d. 2001)
- Ann Mitchell: English actress
- Theodor Waigel: German lawyer and politician German Federal Minister of Finance
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?