Tuesday 4 April 1939
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hugh Masekela in Wilbank and Joanne Carner in Kirkland.
Buck Rogers, directed by Ford Beebe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 April 1939!
Which were the important events of 4 April 1939 ?
- Blessed Alice (d. 1105)
- Saint Hildebert of Ghent (died 752)
- Lesotho - Heroes' Day
- Taiwan and Hong Kong - Children's Day
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- World Rat Day
- Saint Isidore of Seville, patron saint of the internauts
- International Day for Landmine Awareness and Assistance
- Hugh Masekela in Wilbank: South Africa; trumpeter ("I Am Not Afraid").
- Joanne Carner in Kirkland: Washington, USA; LPGA golfer (US Open 1970, 1976).
- Bill Bridges: American athlete; pro basketball player.
- JoAnne Carner: American golfer.
- Major Lance: American singer (Born 1939).
- Hugh Masekela: South African singer-songwriter and trumpet player
- Ernie Terrell: American boxer and singer (d. 2014)
- Ghazi I: King of Iraq, dies in car accident.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?