Monday 22 April 1957
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to All Shook Up by Elvis Presley.
In UK Cumberland Gap by Lonnie Donegan was in the top 5 hits.
The Spirit of St. Louis, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 April 1957!
Which were the important events of 22 April 1957 ?
- Saints Soter and Caius
- Saint Leonidas (died 202)
- Brazil - Discovery Day.
- Saint Theodorus (d. 613)
- Donald Tusk: Polish politician who has been Prime Minister of Poland since 2007.
- Stéphane Rozès: French political scientist, a former managing director of 'l'institut de sondage CSA' (a French company specializing in market research and opinion surveys).
- Ethel White: Women's Professional Basketball League guard (New York Stars).
- Alan Campbell in Homestead: Florida, USA; actor (EZ - Three's a Crowd).
- Ignatius Roy D Campbell: British Poet (Garcia Lorca), dies at 54.
- All NL teams intergates, John Irwin Kennedy is 1st black on Phillies
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?