Tuesday 11 April 1939
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Buck Rogers, directed by Ford Beebe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 April 1939!
Which were the important events of 11 April 1939 ?
- Saint Stanislas
- Juan Santamarfa Day, anniversary of his death in the Battle of Rivas (State holiday in Costa Rica).
- Saint Godeberta
- Saint Gemma of Lucca
- The Feast Day of Martyr Antipas in the Greek Orthodox Church.
- Saint Danidl of Grimbergen
- Gérard Delteil: French writer, an author of numerous crime novels, thrillers and suspense narratives.
- Louise Lasser in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Mary Hartman! Mary Hartman!).
- Luther Johnson: American singer and guitarist.
- Louise Lasser: American actress and screenwriter.
- SS Van Dine [William Huntingdon Wright]: Detective writer, dies at 50.
- Hungary leaves League of Nations.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 11 April 1939 and get them!