Wednesday 17 April 1957
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Byron Cherry and Dwane Casey.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to All Shook Up by Elvis Presley.
In UK Cumberland Gap by Lonnie Donegan was in the top 5 hits.
The Spirit of St. Louis, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Men, Women and Clothes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1957!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1957 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- Byron Cherry: Atlanta, Georgia -- Actor (Coy-Dukes of Hazzard).
- Dwane Casey: Coach.
- Teri Austin: Canadian actress.
- Nick Hornby: English author and screenwriter.
- Julia Macur: English lawyer and judge.
- Susan Roman: Canadian voice actress
- Suspected serial killer John Bodkin Adams is found not guilty of murder at the Old Bailey.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 April 1957
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?