Saturday 15 October 2011
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Someone Like You by Adele.
The Artist, directed by Michel Hazanavicius, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Help by Kathryn Stockett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 October 2011!
Which were the important events of 15 October 2011 ?
- United States - White Cane Safety Day, National Grouch Day, Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Teresa of Avila
- Roman festivals - the Equirria or October equus: sacrifice of a horse to Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Amaryllis (Amaryllis) Day, twenty-fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 15 October
- 2011 Yemeni protests: At least nine people are killed and dozens injured in the Yemeni capital Sana'a after security forces use tear gas and live ammunition to disperse anti-government protesters. (BBC)
- Afghan and U.S. forces repel a Taliban raid on a NATO base in Afghanistan's Panjshir Province, reportedly killing four militants. (BBC)
- The United States Department of Commerce reports that U.S. retail sales rose at their fastest rate for seven months in September, having risen by 1.1% over the previous month. (BBC)
- U.S. energy company Kinder Morgan agrees to buy natural gas exploration and pipeline company El Paso for $21.1 billion in cash and stock. (''New York Times'')
- Occupy Wall Street protests:
- Activists affiliated with the Occupy Wall Street movement, which opposes economic inequality and corporate greed, take to the streets in numerous cities worldwide, including Sydney, Rome, Bucharest, Taipei, Tokyo, Toronto, Berlin, and Madrid, in a day of coordinated mass protests. (HuffingtonPost)
- Riot police clash with protesters in Rome, with at least 70 people reportedly injured after masked rioters infiltrate the peaceful protests and attack property in the city. (BBC)
- France defeats Wales 9-8 in the 2011 Rugby World Cup semi-final at Eden Park in Auckland, New Zealand. (''The Telegraph'')
- The Netherlands becomes the first European country to win a professional world baseball championship since 1938, after defeating Cuba 2-1 in the 2011 Baseball World Cup final in Panama City, Panama. (Nu.nl)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 15 October 2011 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?