Thursday 17 December 1970
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to The Tears Of A Clown by Smokey Robinson.
In UK I Hear You Knocking by Dave Edmunds was in the top 5 hits.
Rio Lobo, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while Islands In The Stream by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1970.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 December 1970!
Which were the important events of 17 December 1970 ?
- Benedictine: (St Bernard) becomes heaviest known dog (137 kg).
- Earl Dotson: NFL tackle (Green Bay Packers - Super Bowl 31).
- Michael Mols: soccer player (FC Twente).
- Sean Patrick Thomas: American actor.
- Sean Thomas: American actor.
- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
- Gdansk, Poland shipworkers strike.
- Polish 1970 protests: In Gdynia soldiers fire at workers emerging from trains, killing dozens.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Smokey Robinson - The Tears Of A Clown
- George Harrison - My Sweet Lord
- The 5th Dimension - One Less Bell To Answer
- The Partridge Family - I Think I Love You
- Santana - Black Magic Woman
- Dawn - Knock Three Times
- The Supremes - Stoned Love
- Chicago - Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?
- Brian Hyland - Gypsy Woman
- Badfinger - No Matter What
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?