Friday 4 December 1970
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to I Think I Love You by The Partridge Family.
In UK Woodstock by Matthew's Southern Comfort was in the top 5 hits.
The AristoCats, directed by Wolfgang Reitherman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while Islands In The Stream by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 December 1970!
Which were the important events of 4 December 1970 ?
- Roman festivals - secret ceremonies in honor of Bona Dea
- R.C. Saints - Saint John of Damascus: optional memorial; also Saint Barbara
- Santerfa, Lukumf - Day of Shango
- International Hug Day. See Also: January 21st, National Hugging Day
- Navy Day in India
- Sylvester Terkay: American wrestler and mixed martial artist.
- Kevin Sussman: American actor.
- Jeff Blake: NFL quarterback (Cincinnati Bengals).
- John L Adams: American actor.
- Unemployment in US increases to 5.8 percent.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jackson 5 - I'll Be There
- The Partridge Family - I Think I Love You
- Smokey Robinson - The Tears Of A Clown
- Carpenters - We've Only Just Begun
- The 5th Dimension - One Less Bell To Answer
- James Taylor - Fire And Rain
- Brian Hyland - Gypsy Woman
- Badfinger - No Matter What
- Stevie Wonder - Heaven Help Us All
- The Guess Who - Share The Land
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 4 December 1970 and get them!