Tuesday 22 December 1970
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to My Sweet Lord by George Harrison.
In UK I Hear You Knocking by Dave Edmunds was in the top 5 hits.
Rio Lobo, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while Islands In The Stream by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1970.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1970!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1970 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- Ted Cruz: United States Senator from Texas.
- Gary Anderson: Scottish darts player.
- Brooks Findlay: Canadian Football League linebacker (British Columbia Lions).
- Treblinka SS commander Franz Stangl sentenced to life imprisonment
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- George Harrison - My Sweet Lord
- The 5th Dimension - One Less Bell To Answer
- Smokey Robinson - The Tears Of A Clown
- Dawn - Knock Three Times
- Santana - Black Magic Woman
- The Partridge Family - I Think I Love You
- The Supremes - Stoned Love
- Chicago - Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?
- Brian Hyland - Gypsy Woman
- Badfinger - No Matter What
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?