Tuesday 23 July 1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gary Stites and Danielle Collobert.
Le Jour se Leve, directed by Marcel Carn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1940!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1940 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Gary Stites: Rock vocalist (Lonely For You).
- Danielle Collobert: French author, poet and journalist.
- Arthyr Chadbourne: American astrologer, author of "Ancient Whispers from Chaldea," 1999.
- Don Imus: American radio personality, particularly noted for hosting talk shows in his inimitable provocative, often offensive style.
- Tommaso Schioppa: Italian economist, a member of the Central European Bank Board since 1998.
- Tommaso Padoa-Schioppa: Italian economist and politician Italian Minister of Finance (d. 2010)
- Blitz all-night air raid by German bombers on London begins
- The United States' Under Secretary of State Sumner Welles issues a declaration on the U.S. non-recognition policy of the Soviet annexation and incorporation of three Baltic States: Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?