Sunday 28 July 1940
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Le Jour se Leve, directed by Marcel Carn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 July 1940!
Which were the important events of 28 July 1940 ?
- St. Celsus
- St. Victor
- St. Innocent
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Nazarius
- San Marino - Fall of the Fascist Government
- Peru - Independence Day
- Faroe Islands - �lavs�ka Eve
- Canada - Commemoration of the deportation of the Acadians
- St. Sampson (a bishop)
- Philip Proctor: American voice actor and screenwriter.
- Johann Richard Ohlsson: Composer, dies at 66.
- Radio Orange, London begins
- Yankee Charlie Keller hits 3 HRs to beat White Sox 10-9
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?