Wednesday 17 July 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
All This, and Heaven Too, directed by Anatole Litvak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 July 1940!
Which were the important events of 17 July 1940 ?
- Kyoto, Japan - Gion Matsuri
- Various mathematics departments - Yellow Pig's Day
- South Korea - Constitution Day
- Puerto Rico - Luis Mu�oz Rivera's Birthday
- Feast Day of St Cynllo
- Iraq - Ba'ath Revolution Day
- Francisco Toledo: Mexican painter, sculptor, and graphic artist.
- Philippe Hérisson de Beauvoir: French business leader in the retail sector, who served as director of the company behind La Samaritaine, a large department store in Paris, that was located in the First Arrondissement.
- Tim Brooke-Taylor: British comedian, one of the TV series "Goodies.
- Phyllis Davis in Port Arthur: Texas, USA; actress (Love American Style, Vega$).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?