Thursday 29 November 1917
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre Ceccaldi and de Broissia.
The Secret Game, directed by William C. de Mille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 November 1917!
Which were the important events of 29 November 1917 ?
- former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Republic Day
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
- Israel - Kaftet be-November (commemoration of the U.N. decision in 1947 to partition Palestine)
- Albania - Liberation Day (Dita e �lirimit)
- Brendan of Birr or Brendan the Younger
- Saint Cuthbert Mayne, martyr
- Feast days of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Saturnin
- Denis of the Nativity and Redemptus of the Cross
- Pierre Ceccaldi: French physician and pharmacist.
- de Broissia: Arc l?s Gray Military man.
- Fernand Ceccaldi: Jaunay-Clan physician.
- Pierre Gaspard-Huit: French director and screenwriter.
- Merle Travis: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 1983).
- Don Cossacks declare the Don Republic, which lasts two weeks.
- December ndash Annie Besant becomes president of the Indian National Congress.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1917 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Chopin Etude in G Flat Major - Ignace Jan Paderewski
- For the Freedom of the World Over There - Prince's Orchestra
- Hush-a-Bye Ma Baby (The Missouri Waltz) - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- Tramp, Tramp, Tramp (The Boys Are Marching) - Columbia Stellar Quartet
- Along the Way to Waikiki - Helen Louise & Frank Ferera
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?