Monday 24 December 1906
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
The Story of the Kelly Gang, directed by Charles Tait, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1906.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 December 1906!
Which were the important events of 24 December 1906 ?
- December 24 is celebrated as the day before Christmas, thus called Christmas Eve.
- It is the day when food is traditionally set out for Santa Claus and his reindeer. Children around the world are urged to go to bed early so they are not awake when he arrives.
- In Hungary, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, Norway, the Czech Republic and Slovakia among others, this is the day that presents are exchanged and opened.
- The Declaration of Christmas Peace takes place in the Old Great Square of Turku, Finland's official Christmas City, according to old traditions dating back to the Middle Ages.
- Franz Waxman: German composer (Day at the races), dies at age 60.
- Fritz Borgnis: German scientist, physicist, educator and author.
- John Walker: museum director.
- Reginald A Fessenden became 1st to broadcast music over radio (Mass)
- In Massachusetts, USA, Reginald Fessenden transmits the first radio broadcast, consisting of a poetry reading, a violin solo, and a speech.
- Radio: Reginald Fessenden transmits the first radio broadcast; consisting of a poetry reading, a violin solo, and a speech.
- Reginald Fessenden makes the first radio broadcast: a poetry reading, a violin solo, and a speech.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1906?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?