Tuesday 24 December 1963, Christmas Eve
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Dominique by The Singing Nun.
In UK I Want To Hold Your Hand by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Love with the Proper Stranger, directed by Robert Mulligan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while The Living Reed by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 December 1963!
Which were the important events of 24 December 1963 ?
- December 24 is celebrated as the day before Christmas, thus called Christmas Eve.
- It is the day when food is traditionally set out for Santa Claus and his reindeer. Children around the world are urged to go to bed early so they are not awake when he arrives.
- In Hungary, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, Norway, the Czech Republic and Slovakia among others, this is the day that presents are exchanged and opened.
- The Declaration of Christmas Peace takes place in the Old Great Square of Turku, Finland's official Christmas City, according to old traditions dating back to the Middle Ages.
- Timo Jutila in Tampere: Finland; hockey defenseman (Team Finland).
- Caroline Aherne: English actress producer and screenwriter.
- Jay Bilas: American basketball player and sportscaster.
- Timo Jutila: Finnish ice hockey player and sportscaster.
- Mary Ramsey: American singer-songwriter and violinist (10 000 Maniacs and John & Mary).
- Neil Turbin: American singer-songwriter (Anthrax and Deathriders)
- Greek and Turks riot in Cyprus
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Singing Nun - Dominique
- Bobby Vinton - There! I've Said It Again
- The Kingsmen - Louie Louie
- Lenny Welch - Since I Fell For You
- The Caravelles - You Don't Have To Be A Baby To Cry
- Dion Di Muci - Drip Drop
- Bobby Rydell - Forget Him
- The Murmaids - Popsicles And Icicles
- Johnny Tillotson - Talk Back Trembling Lips
- The Beach Boys - Be True To Your School
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?