Saturday 14 December 1963
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Dominique by The Singing Nun.
In UK She Loves You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Move Over, Darling, directed by Michael Gordon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while The Living Reed by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 December 1963!
Which were the important events of 14 December 1963 ?
- R.C. Saints - Memorial of Saint John of the Cross
- Claude Sarragossa: French jazz drummer and percussionist.
- Greg Abbott: English footballer and manager.
- Diana Gansky: German discus thrower.
- Vytautas Juozapaitis: Lithuanian baritone, pedagogue (professor) and TV host.
- Michael Moloney: American television personality and interior designer.
- Mario Yamasaki: Brazilian-American martial artist and referee
- Cynthia Gibb: American actress and former model who has starred in film and on television.
- François Chaplin: French concert pianist.
- Jean-Michel Henry: French athlete, a fencer in the epee, 2nd place winner in the 1995 World championships (team), Olympics Bronze Medal (team) on 7/23/1996, Atlanta, GA.
- Alice Ripley: American actress
- Cindy Gibb in Bennington: Vermont, USA; actress (Search for Tomorrow, Youngblood).
- Verne Gagne beats The Crusher in Minneapolis, to become NWA champion.
- Baldwin Hills Reservoir wall bursts, killing five people and damaging hundreds of homes in Los Angeles.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Vinton - There! I've Said It Again
- The Singing Nun - Dominique
- Dale & Grace - I'm Leaving It Up To You
- The Kingsmen - Louie Louie
- Tommy Roe - Everybody
- The Caravelles - You Don't Have To Be A Baby To Cry
- Lenny Welch - Since I Fell For You
- The Beach Boys - Be True To Your School
- Dion Di Muci - Drip Drop
- Rufus Thomas - Walking The Dog
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 14 December 1963 and get them!