Friday 6 December 1963
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Dominique by The Singing Nun.
In UK You'll Never Walk Alone by Gerry & The Pacemakers was in the top 5 hits.
Charade, directed by Stanley Donen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while The Living Reed by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1963!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1963 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- Martin Hirsch: French civil servant, the head of Emmaüs France (2002-2007), the High Commissioner for Active Solidarity against Poverty, and the High Commissioner for Youth in the government of François Fillon (2007-2010).
- Ulrich Thomsen: Danish actor and producer.
- Marc-Andre Coallier: Canadian actor, radio and televison personality and son of popular TV host, Jean-Pierre Coallier.
- Janine Turner in Lincoln: Nebraska, USA; actress (Maggie - Northern Exposure).
- Stéphane Guillon: French actor and humourist, born to a gallery owner (mother), he has created the most controversial and caustic humour.
- Jozef Goossenaerts: Flemish philologist (Language Boundary), dies at age 81.
- Beatles begin a tradition of releasing a Christmas record for fans
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Singing Nun - Dominique
- Dale & Grace - I'm Leaving It Up To You
- Tommy Roe - Everybody
- The Kingsmen - Louie Louie
- Lesley Gore - She's A Fool
- Jimmy Gilmer - Sugar Shack
- The Caravelles - You Don't Have To Be A Baby To Cry
- The Beach Boys - Be True To Your School
- The Village Stompers - Washington Square
- Rufus Thomas - Walking The Dog
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?