Sunday 29 December 1963
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sean Payton and Francisco Bustamante.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Dominique by The Singing Nun.
In UK I Want To Hold Your Hand by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Love with the Proper Stranger, directed by Robert Mulligan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while The Venetian Affair by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Hollywood Palace.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 December 1963!
Which were the important events of 29 December 1963 ?
- The fourth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Thomas Becket (optional memorial)
- Sean Payton: American football coach.
- Francisco Bustamante: Filipino billiards player.
- Des Foy: British rugby league player.
- Dave McKean: English illustrator photographer director and pianist.
- Liisa Savijarvi: Canadian skier.
- 52nd Davis Cup: USA beats Australia in Adelaide (3-2).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Singing Nun - Dominique
- Bobby Vinton - There! I've Said It Again
- The Kingsmen - Louie Louie
- Lenny Welch - Since I Fell For You
- The Caravelles - You Don't Have To Be A Baby To Cry
- Dion Di Muci - Drip Drop
- Bobby Rydell - Forget Him
- The Murmaids - Popsicles And Icicles
- Johnny Tillotson - Talk Back Trembling Lips
- The Beach Boys - Be True To Your School
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?