Sunday 8 December 1963
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Greg Howe and Toshiaki Kawada.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Dominique by The Singing Nun.
In UK She Loves You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
America, America, directed by Elia Kazan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while The Living Reed by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Forest Rangers.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1963!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1963 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
Famous Birthdays:08 December
- Sarit Dhanarajata: Thai politician (Born 1908).
- Girl Who Came to Supper opens at Broadway Theater NYC for 112 performances
- 3 fuel tanks explodes when jetliner is struck by lightning crashing near Elkton, Maryland-Only case of lightning caused crash, 81 die
- Mickey Wright / Dave Ragan Jr wins LPGA Haig and Haig Scotch Mixed Golf
- Three fuel tanks explode when jetliner is struck by lightning, crashing near Elkton Maryland; only case of lightning-caused crash, 81 die.
- Pan Am Flight 214, a Boeing 707, is struck by positive lightning and crashes near Elkton, Maryland, United States, killing all 81 people on board.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 December 1963
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Singing Nun - Dominique
- Dale & Grace - I'm Leaving It Up To You
- Tommy Roe - Everybody
- The Kingsmen - Louie Louie
- Lesley Gore - She's A Fool
- Jimmy Gilmer - Sugar Shack
- The Caravelles - You Don't Have To Be A Baby To Cry
- The Beach Boys - Be True To Your School
- The Village Stompers - Washington Square
- Rufus Thomas - Walking The Dog
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?